GFSIS 18-th in Central and Eastern Europe According to University of Pennsylvania Worldwide Think Tanks Rating
JANUARY 22, 2014
Think Tanks and Civil Societies Program
International Relations Program
University Of Pennsylvania
2013 Global Go to Think Tanks Report and Policy Advice
The management and entire staff of the Georgian Foundation for Strategic and International Studies (GFSIS) are proud that GFSIS took 18th place among 60 Think Tanks in Central and Eastern Europe (page 45 of the report). We have improved our position with one point since 2013.
As a result of an eight-month process involving the support of think tanks and experts from every region of the world the University of Pennsylvania published the rankings of think-tanks worldwide.
The following is a snapshot of the more than 1,950 peer institutions and experts who participated in
the 2013 nominations and selection process:
· 793 expert panelists for all the regional and functional research categories
· 150 journalists and scholars with expertise spanning politics, think tanks, and civil society
· 55 current and former directors of think tank programs and networks
· 40 public and private donors
· 150 civil society representatives
· 100s of think tanks
· 25-30 intergovernmental organizations
· 120 academic institutions
Furthermore, we are pleased to highlight the increasingly global reach of the rankings, as reflected in
the following statistics from this year’s nomination process:
· 6,826 think tanks from 182 countries were invited to participate in the process;
· 1,947 individuals from 120 countries participated in the nominations and rankings process;
· Think tanks were nominated, and subsequently ranked, in 47 categories;
· 2,265 ballots were cast over two voting rounds;
· 52,000 votes were cast over two voting rounds; and,
· 171 think tanks were nominated as the world’s top think tank.
We also congratulate CIPPDD, IPS, CRRC, SRC and other Georgian Think Tanks (13 in total) and our partner organization - International Center for Human Development from Armenia (ICHD) which also were ranked by Global “Go-To Think Tanks”.
The report can be downloaded from: